How can you be sure that your workers have the skills and training they need when jobsite safety and productivity
are at stake?
NAHETS Heavy Equipment Certification* is the answer.
The NAHETS Heavy Equipment Certification testing and outcome-based assessment program was created to provide a third-party, reliable measurement of the essential skills that workers must have to demonstrate proficiency and capability in heavy equipment operations.
NAHETS’ADEPT (Adaptable Equipment Proficiency Testing) program uses a testing and certification process that uses an outcome-based assessment approach, which provides an objective evaluation that meets industry and regulatory standards and accurately measures knowledge and abilities, including:
- Basic operations, safety and maintenance
- Site layout, soils and practical math
- Blueprint reading and general construction knowledge
- Staging and set up
- Proper execution and accuracy in maintaining lines and depth
The NAHETS Approach
- Portable Testing and Evaluation – we’ll come to your site
- Customized Certification – designed to meet your specific and unique needs and requirements
- Training options – providing on-site training for workers and support of in-house trainers
NAHETS Certification Benefits
- Verifies knowledge and skills of entry-level operators
- Enhances job performance and capacity
- Reduces on-site accidents and workers comp claims
- Decreases risk and lowers insurance premiums
- Helps keep projects on time and on schedule
- More than 2000 workers certified to date
- Organizes operators’ level based on knowledge and skill
This certification is based upon the Adaptable Equipment Proficiency Testing (ADEPT) program, developed by NAHETS’ staff as part of the training curriculum in its member schools and through extensive analysis of actual jobsite experiences in the mining, construction, utility, and equipment manufacturing industries. Exam content and evaluation criteria also was shaped by direct assessment of reality-based best practices involving input from training directors, instructors, managers, supervisors, equipment operators and manufacturers.
Click Here for ADEPT Heavy Equipment Testing Domains and Outcomes.
Click Here for ADEPT Practical Exams.
For more specialized equipment training needs, contact us.